Monday, March 28, 2011

Service with a smile

Suzy calls me in the morning and puts the phone on speaker for family prayer. Faith was praying and the reception isn't always the best while on speaker. There was one statement in the prayer I wasn't quite sure of. I asked Suzy about it. Faith had said, "Bless Kate not to eat cause she licked her food during the prayer". Hmmm...someone still hasn't "caught the vision" that closing one's eyes during the prayer helps with concentration.

A few minutes ago I got a phone call from the fam. It was Faith again, very excitedly telling me about something. At first I couldn't understand, but after asking her how she did it (whateve it was), and she happily explained that she got out the jam and the bread and spread it (me assuming she'd made herself a sandwich), I congratulated her. At which point Suzy got on the phone and gave me "the rest of the story".

Faith had made Suzy, all by herself (while Suzy was otherwise occupied) a roll spread with butter and jam. After proudly showing Suzy the roll, she exclaimed, "That been some service!".

3 comments:

middledavis said...

That's so sweet. She's taking all those lessons about service in primary and FHE to heart, isn't she? I love that girl. Her prayer made me smile. I remember when you guys used to say things like, "So-and-So didn't fold his arms during the prayer..." Hmmm...how could you have known that, I wonder?

Clandestine Road said...

That is awesome. What a sweetie.

I loved the leprechaun trap. Was the fairy there to let him think it was safe? :)

Angie

Mike said...

Hey Angie, the Fairy was there cause she's super good lookin' and what Leprechaun could resist that? (Yes my girls are all about the romance)