Saturday, March 12, 2011

Faith's Boredom

Faith love's to change clothes. I don't know how many times a day she does this but I know in the evenings when I return home I'll witness 2 or 3 changes in that short amount of time.  Her latest excuse?
"My shirt/pants/whateverelse was bored"

She often attributes human feelings to inanimate objects when she wants something to occur. We were getting ready to play the "Tinkerbell" game (it's an actual game in a box, not a fanciful imagining type game as you would think from the title).  Kate and Faith were arguing over how the game should be set up (where the yellow vs. pink flowers and butterflies should be. Yes, it's my kind of game for sure). Faith's compelling argument? "Not the game want to be set up dat way".  I think she was also trying to confuse her opponent by mixing around the sentence structure.

Did it work? Unfortunately for Faith, it did not. Kate stayed resolute and pulled out the trump card of, "Well, you know, this is MY game." (read that sentence in a somewhat snotty, older sister know-it-all tone of voice and you'll about have the gist of it).

1 comment:

Creekwood Montessori School said...

Well, Faith's clothes might be bored, but I find her mixed up words very endearing and far from boring. Such a cute girl. And imaginative.