Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Kate's Short Story

Kate's Short Story - "The Harp" (below is the picture from a book Suzy checked out of the library to give the kids inspiration)




Chapter 1
So it's true he thought.It's really true! He looked in to the dark shallow water beside him. Scout growled, he looked over by the waters edge. ripples had appeared. He knew that there were creatures in the river, but he hadn't realy ever realized it until now. Longingly I looked across the river at my hearts desire. The Golden Harp, I had worked long and hard clue after clue. I made my way to the end. The Golden harp was an ancient magical artifact that if you played a certain tune and said what you wanted it would appear.
Chapter 2
I guess I should explain what's going on right here, My name is Jake. I guess it all started two months ago in the Library.  I happened to stumble across a bookshelf I had never seen before (my mom was the librarian in case you were wondering).  As I looked across the spines of all the books, I saw one that looked interesting. As I reached out to grab it, the shelf swung forward.  I jumped back in surprise as a hallway appeared behind it.  don't be too surprised, it looked a lot like all the other hallways with the red carpets and tan walls. The only difference was that it looked a lot dirtier.
Chapter 3
To be continued...(da da DA) 

No comments: