Tuesday, March 17, 2015

LeVel 33 (yes, it's spelled like that at the actual restaurant)

This is the traditional lion dance. This happens a lot around Chinese new year, it was pretty cool. Just randomly happens throughout Singapore (as far as I can tell. There may be some rhyme or reason as to how these things happen, but I don't know what it's based on. As far as I'm concerned, two guys get a wild hare, go buy some lion suits, get some groupies together to play some music and find a crowded street to dance on).  


Awesome Hindu temple we visited

Suzy, "be still my heart! 6 Pack? He has an 18 Pack!"


This was a really cool Buddhist temple that they let us in while services were ongoing.  I did feel a bit awkward as I thought about what it would be like to have people coming in and taking pictures as I went to church, so we didn't stay long.

This was eating at Level 33 with some of our friends from Boise. This was the girl side.

 Guy side
Here's a view from Level 33 of Marina Bay Sands (building that looks like it has a cruise ship on top) and the Ferris wheel. 

Suzy and I on top of the world, or at least that particular location.

Us with Nick and Kim in front of our house. 

Here we are in a Hindu Temple

Here's some Angry guy statue.

Here's Suzy, probably seeing the Angry guy statue for the first time I imagine. 

Wow.





I like how I'm pretty static in these pictures and Suzy is quite dynamic.  Quite the microcosm.

1 comment:

Gatewaymontessori226 said...

You guys are living in such an interesting place with so much to see. I'm glad you're getting out and about to see so many things.