Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Company trips and more

So yes, here are a bunch of grown men and women posing in a V as if we were a flock of geese.  One thing I've notices is the predilection towards fun poses and picture taking.  We had lots of fun photo-opportunities on this recent trip I took. My boss is front/middle, I'm in the back, as always. 
Here's another fun one with, you guessed it, me at the back. 


Here's me at dinner with Will, a friend from the ward here. We (Suzy and his wife as well) went to dinner at a local place called La Pau Sat. They close off this road at 7pm, and these vendors gather and try to compete for your business. For example, we had a couple of guys attempt to accost us until we accepted one who set up a folding table for us with some plastic stools. The Satay (meat on a stick, hard to go wrong there, as long as it's cooked) was delicious. It was S$0.70 a stick (about 1-2 bites per stick depending on the person). I got 10, so did Will.  

I also ordered a Prata set (some Naan {Indian flatbread} with some type of curry sauce, very good).  The one bummer is they don't really sell fountain drinks many places, so we got our usual Coke Light in a can with a cup of Ice to go with it. These guys come around with their menus trying to get you to buy from their particular vendor. Afterwards, we went to the Wendy's right next door and got Frosties. I like Frosties. 

Here's what it looks like. from another view.

Here's me at dinner in Taiwan with some of the team members there.  I pretended to eat some of the stuff I don't really eat, or at least picked parts of the dish I was willing to eat. The Formosa Beef was delicious. 
What can I say, I have personal space issues.

Here was the appetizer plate, I could eat a couple of things here.

Here was some kind of raw food plate.  There were like 18 courses, half were raw.

This, as you can tell, was all sorts of fancy.

Lest those at the other end feel left out of the picture, here's a new angle.



1 comment:

Gatewaymontessori226 said...

I'm a little jealous of all that wonderful food you didn't try. Some of it I wouldn't have tried either, but some of it looked really good. But, as I am making super healthy choices these days (and feeling so much better for it), I probably would have foregone many things because of added oil or too much meat. (Gasp!)