Saturday, April 6, 2013

'Tis March 17th!

If you remember, every year on St. Patrick's Day, Kate makes a Leprechaun trap. I think this is her 3rd year in a row.  This one was especially tricky. In previous years, the Leprechaun escaped by chewing through the walls of the trap. This time, she lined the trap with wax paper.  The Leprechaun is enticed up the ramp by careful placement of real coins. Once inside, the unsuspecting little guy would walk across the center trying to get the coins, and WHAMMO, fall into the carefully concealed trap in the middle of the floor. 



With such a fool proof trap, I bet you're wondering how the Leprechaun escaped.  Luckily for him he had a paper clip and some string he had used as a belt. He was able to make a grappling hook out of the paper clip, and a used the string as a rope to climb out.  

I can only imagine how distraught Kate would have been if he hadn't rewarded her ingenuity with some "gold" (foil covered Chocolate Coins). 

3 comments:

middledavis said...

Curses! Foiled again! Or, wax papered, maybe. I'm sure she enjoyed the "gold" though! She's a clever girl with those traps of hers. I see an engineer in the making. A basketball-playing engineer.

Anonymous said...

Yes, what a clever trap! Sounds like fun. I would probably rig the trap to fail so I get chocolate coins instead of a leprechaun :)

middledavis said...

That made me laugh, Michelle.