Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Changing babies at night

The first night we were at home (we spent some time at Suzy's mom's house), Suzy asked me to change Jace's diaper. I don't know what time it was, maybe 1am or so. I don't remember much, apparently I said no. To which Suzy, in a shocked voice replied "Really?". I guess my subconsious kicked in, cause I got out of bed.

At that point, I started going in circles in the middle of the room, mumbling "I can't find it" over and over.

Exasperated, Suzy finally said "fine, I'll do it!", at which point I climbed back in bed, apologizing for my inability to find the diaper.

Suzy told me about this in the morning, and expressed some deep concern about our baby's safety with me at night. It's been much better since then (I think I just needed a little bit of practice).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too funny!!!

middledavis said...

Okay. I laughed out loud before I finished reading this post, Mike. And then again after I finished it. So, so funny.

Gray said...

That also works for dishes, vacuuming and pretty much anything else. Just go into a trance, works every time. However, don’t let on that this has been passed down since Adam.