Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peeps

Yesterday, we went to the Zoo. It was pretty busy, but for my first time we got to go around lunch time. Apparently this is also lunch time for the animals. We were looking at a bobcat, when the zoo attendant opened up the back door and tossed in some dinner. Which happened to be some little baby chicks (already dead). The bobcat started to immediately tear into this delicious feast. Unfortunately, I was also holding Kate at this time, who saw the whole show. I was thinking it would be very interesting, she however was very distraught about the poor little "peeps". We tried to convince her that they were marshmallow peeps, but she wasn't having any of that, she knows a dead chick when she sees one. This did present an opportunity for us to tell her about the circle of life. We also got to see an Ocelot eating a rat, and some penguins eating some fish. I thought it was pretty cool. I'll try to post the video of the Bobcat later.

No comments: