Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Suzy's birthday

We started off the evening watching a Lion Dance competition from the outside because we didn't want to pay to go in.


Here is the Hindu Ritual of Thaipusam.  The men get ritually pierced and attached to various things that they carry or drag.  

We went out on Suzy's birthday with the Lifferths, a fun family from the local ward. They're originally from Tennessee and Louisiana. 
Daren spotted one of those reverse bungee contraptions that shoots you in the air.
Suzy and Sarah were gung ho!




They had a GoPro camera hooked up that gave you a up close view of the action. 



 This was the delicious Two layer cake I built. I had a few issues. I put the pudding layer on without first removing it from the pan. I was able to get it out, but didn't know that you could build your own platter using cardboard and aluminum foil, so I used what we had, which made it sort of concave.
It ended up looking okay, but tasted delicious.  I wasn't kidding about the delicious part.


No comments: