Thursday, May 23, 2013

Puppies

We were just at the park. All 4 kids were swinging and Suzy was doing under-dogs.  When I came up, Jace started asking me "Dad, do a puppy"! I was confused, but quickly realized that he was asking for one of those "Under Puppies".

Faith kept saying that there was no way she would let Mom do an Underdog, since she fell off. Apparently, when she was 4 (oh so long ago), Suzy gave her an Underdog. She was okay, until the back swing where at some point she let go and face planted it.

Last night the fam went on a pajama walk. Jace was on his balance bike, and occasionally would get ahead of Suzy.  Whenever this happened, he would say "I Winned, I winned"! Suzy corrected him and said, Jace, It's "I Won, not I winned".  The next time he did it, Jace said, "I won, I won...<you could tell he was thinking here>...I not won, I three!!" (for some reason, he thinks he's three. Probably because he thinks every birthday party is for him, and 2 of his cousins just had birthday parties. He always tries to blow out the candles).

2 comments:

middledavis said...

I sure do love hearing about all the cute things Jace says. I love the "I not won, I three" comment. Just gives us a little insight into both the complications of the English language and also the way little kids think.

Christopher said...

this is funny on multiple levels