Monday, May 27, 2013

Emergenitics Profile

At work the other week we got our Emergentics Profiles taken. It was a series of questions that you rank yourself on to understand what your thinking and behavior patterns are.  The 4 colors correspond to how you think, the three lines in purple correspond to your behaviors. 
Blue is Analytical (meaning you like data and logic a lot). The Green is Structural (meaning you like order, agendas, plans etc). The Yellow is Conceptual (creativity, ability to think of the big picture) and Red is Social (relationships, networking etc).  If you have more than 23% of a certain color, that means you have that as a thinking pattern. I'm 44% Analytical, 32% Conceptual, 22% Structural and 3% Social. 

What does all that mean? Basically, I'm your perfect engineer. I can look at data all day long (analytical), come up with new ways to solve problems (conceptual), put together a plan to fix things (structural) all the while never wasting precious time by talking to someone. 



Here is a more balanced profile (this is a group of about 18 people that I work with averaged together. We're engineers, so you can see it's weighted towards Analytical, Conceptual and Structured).

2 comments:

middledavis said...

I did laugh a bit, I confess. That's interesting and amusing.

Anonymous said...

Mike!! This is so cool!! I wish Wayland and I could take this test! This kind of stuff is so interesting to me. How neat!