Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stealin' the chairs, Stealin' the chairs...

I stole a chair. Yes, I admit it. It's an awersome chair, and I love it!

My Chair at work broke last week. I've been living with it for a while (the back Pad fell off, but I could hold it together as long as I was leaning back, but would have to re-adjust it every time I leaned forward). 

Finally, I put the chair out in the hall for repairs (I don't know how it happens, but if you leave broken chairs out in the hall, they magically disappear. Occasionally they return fixed).  I have serious doubts about the repairability of my chair.  I've been living with a non-adjustable chair for the past couple of days (it also has no rollers).  Can you believe the trials I go through here at work?

Anyway, last night I decided that enough was enough. This morning, (I come in a bit early usually, so there are few people around) I went on a mission. I checked a couple of conference rooms, to no avail. They were stuffed with inferior chairs.  Finally, I was walking by one of the cubical areas, and noticed a Cubical with no computer, no name tag, but a Dang nice chair.  I furtively looked around, and saw no one.  So, I did it. I took the chair. As I traveled down the hallway pushing this wonderful, adjustable chair on rollers I carefully kept my expression set at "annoyed scowl" to discourage questions, or even looks. Luckily I only saw one other person during my heist, he quickly looked away and towards the ground when he saw my intimidating expression.  You never know what a man with a chair will do if you corner him. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As Brecken would say, that's alarious! You're a genius, I love the "annoyed scowl".

middledavis said...

I won't tell.

(Maybe they will put your repaired chair at that computer-less desk.)