Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Santa Paws"

Yesterday, Suzy was in the Christmas spirit and rented a nice, innocuous Christmas movie for the kiddies (The Search For Santa Paws).



I was in the computer room, when I heard some pretty intense sobbing coming from the living room. Yup, it was the song and step-touch dance routine by a group of orphan girls and Suzy just couldn't hold back.

Okay, I jest. It was Kate, who REALLLLLLLY gets into movies. This one must have been a very emotional film, since I heard her crying (bawling) at least 3 separate times (luckily Suzy was there to comfort her, although I did come out once just to make sure she was okay).

About 10-15 minutes after the movie (which had quite he happy ending of course, sorry if I spoiled it for you since you'll probably be running out to redbox after this post), Kate came into the computer room. She was alternating between her "about to breakdown and cry face" and a smile. I asked her if she was okay, and in one of those "Fast Sunday" I'm about to cry voices she replied:
"These a-a-are happy tears".

It is a really fun experience watching a movie with Kate. She really gets into them. Faith seems to enjoy them, but in a much more stoic "thumb in her mouth, finger making knots in her hair" kind of way.

1 comment:

middledavis said...

Bless her soft little heart.