Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spelling B

Kate is just learning to read and write. Suzy's a great teacher, the English language is not a great language (lots of my best friends speak English, don't get me wrong, I love English, bless its heart). The other day she was spelling some names with the moveable letters. Faf was one of the highlights. Gramo (O = Ah) was another one. Have I mentioned that she has trouble with TH? We went to a birthday party on Saturday. Kate addressed the package (I'm going to hopefully get a picture of it). HapE BIRTDA (Yes, her "A" looks a bit like an O, or a Q in the HapE)

Anyway, I think it's cute that she's inherited my spelling skills.


Also, she got a hold of a Michael Jordon picture that I'd printed off the other day. She gave him a sweet makeover. Purple "chapstick" and eyelashes. Then she renamed him Isla Lashes (she has a friend named Isla and really likes the name Isla Lashes). She wrote the name at the bottom...wait for it....ILU - (U= uh).

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I like your blog.

middledavis said...

I loved this post, Mike. I can just see Kate's proud face when she spells something...Way to go Suz, with the teaching!!

Clandestine Road said...

This makes me happy. Your blog is funny. That is all.

Angie, Isla's mom