Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kid's funny sayings and other Misc. items.

Kate "Mommy, sometimes my toots smell good. I just tooted, and it smelled like a piece of chocolate!"


One more from Kate - as she was expressing to Suzy how much she loves her, she said, "I love you as much as daddy loves the Hottie". When Suzy asked who the Hottie was, she told her "Its you mommy".
Kate's got that right.

6/8/2010 email from Suzy "The dentist visit went well. I could hear Kate giggling as I got my cleaning done, so that's a good sign. They said her teeth look great, and she was very cooperative! faith sat and watched baby einstein and was very well behaved too! So I told them we could go out to lunch. kate wanted eggs and toast and butter, so we went to IHOP. Faith got a face pancake, then ate all the features off of it, along with the top layer of "skin" and was finished. Then the song Kung Fu Fighting came on, so the jumped out of the booth and started some mad dancing. It was too cute to stop :) "
Apparently they were using their "mad faces" for the dance. Always appropriate for fight dancing
6/9/2010
We went out to Chapala's with our buy one get one 1/2 off coupons. The kids munched 4 bowls of the free beans they bring out with the chips. Faith also dropped Suzy's keys down a crevice of no return (between the bench and the wall). Fortunately, we were able to transform the crevice by moving the bench. This was after my Micron 3 on 3 game against BigB (6'9 330lbs or so). We lost, but had fun. The girls like to play in the sand volleyball pits, Faith of course got sand in her eyes (thanks for throwing sand Kate). Kate lost Rosetta and Jonathon story privileges for that night due to ignoring us.
6/3/2010 - Suzy Email with some Kate saying highlights
"We're back! We had a great time! And good thing we are going back tonight, because they did NOT want to leave :) Anberlin came with us, and everyone was great!
Okay, so while I was looking for a parking spot, Kate was telling me how much she loves animals, and that she wants to be a vet when she grows up. I told her that I remember wanting to be a vet too, because I love animals. And she asked why I didn't become one. I said I wanted to be a mom even more. She asked why again, and I said Because I love my kids more than animals. Then she said, " Good thing we worked really hard to be really cute for you when we came out!" :)
As we were getting out of the car, we heard the trumpet of an elephant. The girls got SO excited and all started spitting (trying to make the elephant noise). I couldn't believe that Boise had gotten an elephant! Turns out it was a bird, but the girls still loved it.
We went to the gibbons, and I asked kate if they had a tail or not. She saw that they had no tail, and therefore must be an ape. Well, all the peeps around us kept calling them monkeys, and she got really exasperated, saying, "It's an ape! Not a monkey! Why do people keep calling them monkeys!?" It was getting a bit embarrassing, so we left that exhibit.
Overall, it was a great day! Now it's nap time!"

6/1/2010
From Suzy "Faith kept asking for what sounded like her "broccoli glasses". I couldn't understand what she meant, so she finally said, "Broccoli, sssssss, broccoli, ssssss!" Put an S at the beginning of broccoli, what does it sound like?"

I guessed right - Sparkly!

5/26/2010 - Email from Suzy
"Faith pulled a couple of funnies today:In the car, she said:"Lemme tell you sumting Mommy. Funny joke. Laugh lot." [long pause] (me wondering if that was the joke)

"Daddy.... head... milkshake! [snorting laughter]"
She thought it was hilarious, and I mostly laughed at her laughing at herself :)

At the library, she sat on a rolling stool. Kate wanted to sit on it too, so she sat down behind Faith, with their backs facing each other. Now, to set the scene, we are in the upstairs part of the library, and I had forewarned the kids that they needed to be very quiet up there. So Faith doesn't like that Kate is sitting behind her, and tries to push her off by leaning on her. I tell them it's time to go, and Kate stands up abruptly. Now how do I describe this? Faith launches backwards off the stool, and actually stalls in a headstand for a full 2 seconds before crashing to floor screaming. I'm giggling even as I write this, I wish you could have seen it. So i just hugged her and tried to hide my laughter, and told her she could push the buttons on the elevator. she calmed down instantly. it was SO funny!"

5/25/2010 Declan - and Faith and Poo (email from Suzy)
"And yes, I did look up the meaning of Declan. It was the name of an Irish Saint, and the meaning has been lost. One sight said it meant "Full of goodness" but the rest said the saint thing.Faith is still wearing panties, even at the Dr. office. She has been holding her poo in for more than 48 hours now. She's gotta blow soon. I'll keep you posted."I hope by now you've noticed a pattern. Suzy is a dag midgetly funny writer. And our kids say funny things. Also, if we do end up naming our boy Decklin/Declan, we can trace it back to a certain movie (Leap Year is what I think it was called).5/20/2010 Suzy email and commentary
"Also. Guess who forgot today was Thursday, and that I was supposed to visit teach today, and left my phone in the car so didn't get the multiple calls from people wondering where I am. Also: did you use a knife on the DVD player?! It wasn't opening, so Kate ran to get one. You are officially in trouble with a capital B. (trouBle)
I think I will give the steaks to all the people I stood up today. Also, I pretty much bought Costco today.
suzy"note on this one - I did in fact use a table knife to open the DVD player after Kate had double stacked the DVDs. Gotta be careful what I let them see....

4 comments:

middledavis said...

Mike, your blog is hilarious!! I'll be using some of the priceless kid sayings in my online journal, so thanks in advance...

Unknown said...

Hey Mike, I didn't know you had a blog, I enjoyed reading it! And I love the name Declan, very cute.

Mike said...

Thanks Em - We'll have to see what the little guy things of the name. Maybe we'll play spin the baby (put the names that we like around him in a circle and spin him. whatever name his head is pointing to is the one).

Anonymous said...

ah! I see Em didn't know either - you should let people know, Mike- you are funny and a good writer - I am enjoying reading it.