Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fun times

Kate to Suzy "When you die, are you going to be old, not old like you are now, but old old"?

Kate is a very tender hearted child. Just the other day, she started getting all sad and teary eyed. I asked her what was wrong, and she told me she was sad because Grandma Hart (Suzy's Maternal Grandmother) was dead, and she didn't get to meet her. I told her that we could see her when we got to Heaven. An interesting conversation about heaven ensued. She asked if we would be able to talk in Heaven, I informed that we would, she then asked, but aren't we all lying down there?

I think at that point I realized her picture of heaven was a bit different than mine. I hope I got it through to her that heaven is much like here, I'll have to check up on that when I get home today.

Last night at dinner, Kate mentioned that I'm not to look in any of the small bags from the store because they got something for me for father's day. Aren't kids great.

Whenever Kate wishes upon a Star, Suzy or I will ask her what she wished for. She'll tell us that she's not allowed to tell us, then she'll proceed to tell us (usually after a short pause). Most of the time it's a Puppy.

Little does she know I'm wishing on the same star that we never get a puppy. We'll see who's wishes are stronger.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

It's probably about time for us to introduce Kate to "Saturday's Warrior". Then she'll know what heaven is like.

middledavis said...

I love hearing what Kate thinks. It gives us a little glimpse into what a deep thinker she is

Sometimes.

And then there are the times she says stuff like,"Daddy has hairy arms. He's a good man." What does THAT mean? Too deep for me. (smile)