Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Amsterdam


So I had to go to Netherlands for work a couple of week ago.  I found some things pretty interesting for sure.  For one, there are SO many bikes. Everyone seems to ride bikes.  It's pretty much the thing they do.  They have separate lanes for bikes, separate lights even at intersections. 

This was some kind of famous thing apparently.  Some nice tourists asked me to take their picture in front of this, and it seemed to be the spot to do so. 

I went to this great steak restaurant, and this was what they brought with the check. Your own Marshmallow roasting station. 

The one food that the Dutch make well is pancakes.  Here's one of their pancake houses. The standard syrup I got was molasses though. Luckily, I like molasses.

They had these fun public toilets you could use if you had some Euros.


Here was the train station attached to the airport. Schilopal or something random like that.

These were the standard trains. The biggest difference I notices was that they were VERY quiet while riding. Especially compared to other subways/trains I've been on.

Here was the train station (Amsterdam Centraal) closest to my hotel. Who doesn't want to put their train stations in a castle looking thing?

Is this an Alley straight out of Harry Potter?

Bikes, bikes and more bikes. 

This was pretty typical architecture.  

Canals. They're famous for these.

Here's one without me blocking the view.

Typical Amsterdam street corner.

More bikes. They were parked everywhere there was space.

What, is that the L'Arc de Triumph? Okay, so we're in Amsterdam, probably not.

Are those a sad Mickey and Minnie? Probably because if they move from their stop they'll get wet.

A skate park and Basketball court! This was in the middle of Museum square.



Here's me taking a picture with that famous thing.

 Here's some cute hottie in front of a cool building. Also, Birds. 



Yeah, those are beds. With people in them. You could pay 5 euro. Then you get in Bed. Next to an actor. We watched for a bit. They apparently kept getting closer and closer to the paid subjects until you either got so uncomfortable you left, or your time was up.  



Sweet Ride! I think this is a Ferrari.

Here's us eating at a quaint Dutch breakfast place in some kind of Market. Named for a guy named Albert I believe. 

Here's a better picture taken by the waiter.



Those white things in the background are places you can stick your head through and get your picture taken.   See below.

I didn't get the chance to see the front before Suzy directed me to a specific hole. At least I look elegant. and happy.

Super Cute!

really not sure what this guy is doing.

This is some kind of famous bunny, painted in lots of fun and interesting ways.

This one had lots of fun Amsterdammy things painted on it.

1 comment:

middledavis said...

Wow! Amsterdam seems like a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for sharing all the great photos!