Sunday, August 24, 2014

Angry Selfie Series Hiroshima


Not as much joking around in this one, just to warn folks. 
 This was in May (over mother's day of course).  I took a walk on Sunday to the "Peace Park" which memorializes the Atomic Bomb.
 Here's the peace dome in the back ground. 


This was a cool twisty tower. 


This was a cool bell tower. I didn't ring it, but others did.

Another cool sculpture. They had a bunch of artwork from local schools (I think) in the background)

Pretty rose garden

Pretty rose garden with an angry gringo in the frontground.

Hard to see, but this was the end of an infinity pool with a cool view in the background. 

Here's the view from the other side. I think this was a spot for prayers or something since people would go up there and take turns and spend some time in thought/pondering/meditation/prayer. 

Here's the sign, you can see me in it if you look closely. 

This is a cool free underground museum 

Here's me at the top of the steps going down. You can see the skyline of Hiroshima painted on the walls. 

Here is an original building from when the bomb was dropped. 


Angry Selfie version of the building.


No comments: