Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V-Day Romance

So Kate has had a series of plans involving marriage (she started early). Originally it was to marry her friend Shae. She then moved on to an older boy named Garrett. Since she's started Kindergarten, she has moved her focus to a boy in her class named River. In one of her first PE classes, he came in #1 in the run around the playground and Kate came in 2nd. I originally thought it was because she was so fast, but now I wonder if she didn't have some additional motivation.

Anyway, Suzy was at the Valentine's day party and happened to be talking to River's mom. She let her know that Kate fancied her son (which I don't think was much of a secret, River was Kate's lone friend she invited to play with her at Wings).

River's Mom told Kate that the other day River started asking about weddings (apparently there was a magazine open to a wedding dress picture). River's mom let him know that usually the women chooses much of the wedding "stuff". She jokingly said something about having to find the right girl first. At that point, River said, "oh, I already know who I'm going to marry. I love Kate. But I can't tell her yet because I would get teased at school".

Ahhhhh, Young Love. Isn't it great? Luckily, with Kate's track record, we're not too worried that this will move into series dating.

1 comment:

middledavis said...

The boy has wonderful taste in girls, though, doesn't he? And he seems to be the decisive sort.