Sunday, July 10, 2011

Milestones. And Alaska

Jace had a special experience yesterday. It was his first time ever standing up and going pee! Yeah for Jace! He had just gone swimming at the Tingey's, and I was cleaning him off in the shower. He was standing, I was holding his one hand and spraying him off with the other. I had just finished, turned off the water when guess who (with quite the surprised look on his face) started to pee? It was Jace (since your choices were Jace or me, I really hope you got that right). We will always remember this special milestone.

Also, Kate has trouble knowing that she's slept. Often, in the mornings she'll tell me that she didn't even sleep at all (she's very serious about it). However, we have visual evidence of such sleeping. The other day, Kate, just out of the blue, say's that she wants to live in Alaska. I can understand, she visited her Cousin Darin there when they used to live in Juneau. It was the perfect time of year, very green and beautiful, with lots of fun stuff to do outside. Wondering which of these reasons she would have for wanting to move there, I asked.
Her reply? "Well, since I don't sleep at night, and the nights are so short there I won't even have to go to bed!" Hmmm...I'll have to make sure she visits during winter so she understands exactly what she's getting into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate never ceases to crack me up (& Faith, too - I'm sure it won't take long for Jace to join in). I always laugh so much reading yours & Suzi's blogs.