Saturday, May 14, 2016

Art and Science do mix, on occasion.




here's a picture of the ArtScience Museum of Singapore, where we went on Friday (May 13th). I had the day off since I just got back at 2am from Boise.
Here was the first room we came to. It was pretty cool.

Here was Jace in the room of flowers and butterflies

And Brighton


it was sort of a crazy room

But not as crazy as this awesome slide. You could go down 7 across at one time.

They had this awesome Giant Slide that gave me ideas for our next house.

I think the kids spent a half hour on this alone.



 



Here was the bus that Kate made. After you were done coloring, you could go to a scanner, and it would put your picture into the world of pictures. You could also scan it and it would create a 3D picture you could cut out.
Here's a picture of the screen, see if you can find Kate's bus in the video below.
Here was my awesome UFO






Here was Faith's bus

Here's Suzy's original drawing

Here is the 3D rendering.
Here it is on the screen.

Jace's Jet


Faith's "Kate Jet", the words would be backwards going one way and forwards the other way.




The Brighton Bus! I think she's probably driving judging by the result.


This was a picture of the whole screen. A Dragon would come periodically, if you went and touched the spaceships, they would shoot fireballs at the dragon. It's amazingly interactive.

They had another area filled with these lovely glowing balls of destruction and pain.


.
Here's a picture of Suzy's seahorse fairy mermaid. So beautiful.


There's also some kind of Angry Squid creature following her SFM courtesy of yours truly.

Here was the SPACE room. It was beautiful and cool.


I feel like we're in a movie.

It helps that it comes with a soundtrack.




2 comments:

middledavis said...

AMAZ-ing post!! I loved that place and it makes me happy to think maybe y'all might take C&E and fam there when they visit.

The slide was wonderful. I wouldn't mind going on it myself.

The sparkly room was strange and beautiful. I'm sure the photos don't do it justice, but the videos showed all the movement and sparkles.

middledavis said...

Another thing I loved was the interactive world picture. Incredible!