Saturday, March 29, 2014

San Diego and Dora

Suzy and I took a trip to San Diego, just us. No kids. It was, quite frankly, awesome.  My parents were in town and took over the kid duties for about 3 days while we went off and played.  We left on Thurs morning and got back Sunday about 2:30pm. The first thing we did was visit a cool old lighthouse. 


                                   
  Here's the lighthouse.

This is at an old lighthouse.  Here, Suzy is an Espanish Conquistador. And I apparently am a helpless native. Or possibly a Pirate. Aargh. Who apparently has some kind of digital picture taking technology. 


They had this cool model of a ship. I'm photobombing it. 

Here is cute Suzy in front of this placard that lists a bunch of types of naval ships. At first, I was not too enamored with it...


But then, I started actually seeing some of the ships in the bay. It was pretty cool to actually be able to identify them. 

Like this Coast Guard High Endurance Cutter.  

2nd view of the Coast Guard Ship. 

Suzy having a rocking good time looking off to her left.  At something that I no longer remember because it's been longer than 3 days and my memory of events only lasts 2 days. Case in point, yesterday, Suzy asked me if I threw away the old lamp (I got Suzy a new lamp for her birthday in January).  I said I don't know, maybe. She acted all disappointed and grilled me harder, saying that she wanted the lampshade from the lamp. I freely admitted that it sounded like something I would do. Then she informed me that the lamp was right over there (in our room) and she was just testing me to see if i would remember what I did with the lamp. Depending on the hoped for result, I passed with flying colors. 

Here is genuine native wildlife. I didn't step on it.  


Here's one of the lamps

here's an older, smaller lamp. 

Here's a cool quote that made me appreciate lighthouses.

Here are some massive cliffs in the distance. That bush you see at the front is about 20 feet tall. (Okay, maybe they aren't that massive, but we thought that they could look massive if no one was standing there to give perspective)

Here's a bullet. A rather large bullet. 

Here's Suzy ridding the bullet like a horse. 

Yee haw

Even more yee hawness

this is Balboa park, and my lovely assistant Suzy is showing the Frisbee we used for throwing in a more tame area of the park. As you can see, this one contained things like Cactus. 

More native wildlife if you can believe it! This is a caterpillar. 

1 comment:

middledavis said...

I liked the pictures and I liked the commentary even better. Thanks for posting them. I will now move on eagerly to part 2 of your post.