Saturday, July 13, 2013

Singapore Trip

If you recall, I had a Singapore trip in March of this year. I had to go again at the beginning of June.  This time though, we were able to hold a "team building" exercise! We went Golfing. It was pretty fun. Apparently they have a rule that you have to wear golf shoes. I didn't have any. The stated reason for the rule is "so it doesn't mark up the green" (your regular shoes). This rule obviously makes no sense since golf shoes with their cleats will mark up the green more than tennis shoes (which I had). Singaporeans are nothing if not rule abiding though, so I was forced to were their golf shoes. Which were 2 sizes too small.  You can see below that I had to wear them as if they were slip-ons. When I was up, I would kick off my shoes to hit.  







 I thought this was a funny sign - apparently most folks don't look too hard for their lost golf balls out here...


This was a Korean BBQ place. They're pretty popular in Singapore. They cook the food at your station over a bed of hot coals they place under the grill. The vent can be lifted or dropped depending on need. They drop it while cooking to vent away the smoke. 

Here's me enjoying some authentic Korean BBQ with chop sticks. I used a fork most of the time since I'm woefully bad with chopsticks. 


1 comment:

middledavis said...

Yum! Korean bbq sounds so good! Can you make me some??