Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yeah! It's the first blog post of 2012! I was on my way home from work, asking Suzy about her day. She's been working on taking down the Christmas decorations, which means she hasn't been able to keep an eagle eye on the Children like usual. Which lead to her wondering why Jace had stopped following her everywhere and whining for her to hold him. Turns out he'd found something else to entertain himself for a short period of time.

He was in the living room pulling bread out of a baby wipes box. Which may lead you to ask the question, how did bread get into a baby wipes box.

The answer? Apparently Faith had put it there. All the bread from a new loaf. Why you may ask? Your guess is as good as mine. For some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time. but really, WHY!!!!

Further in the phone call, this happened,
Mike "So Suz, what else happened today."
Suzy "Well, I got quite a bit done on taking down...uh oh"
Mike, "WHAT! ARE YOU OKAY??? ARE YOU BEING ATTACKED BY GIANT TIGER ALIENS FROM VENUS? WHAT IS IT?"
Suzy (obviously not talking to me, nor paying attention to my urgent pleas for information) "Okay, who wiped ANOTHER booger on the wall!"
Suzy "Kate, come up here and clean this up now."
Mike, "Uh...should I let you go?"
Suzy (with a regretful tone, back to listening to me again) "probably"

Needless to say, this was one of the days I was happy that I don't spend 97.84% of my time with the kids. Who I dearly love, and love to see, but I also enjoy doing other things at times. One reason I'm very, very Grateful for Suzy. Despite days like this, she loves being a Mom.

ps - Faith fell out of a chair again today. Kate and Faith are going to love it when I show this post to future boyfriends.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Actually, it was Kate's booger. Faith may be a thumb-sucker, but she's no booger-wiper.

middledavis said...

Well, that took care of MY laugh for the day!! Actually, I don't plan to limit myself to just one laugh. I'm going to read the other posts, too.

Suzy said...

Thanks Suz! It now says Kate.