Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Girlites

It's always fun getting a different perspective. Suzy was at some women's celebration deal with Kate last Saturday, so Faith, Jace and I got to spend some quality time together Sat. morning. I had put Jace down for a nap, so it was just Faithers and I. After racking my brain for what to do (we had already colored, eaten and played a game), I came up with a great idea! We'd make paper airplanes and fly them.

Faith was just as excited as I was, even running to get the paper. We worked together until we had 2 beautiful airplanes. I immediately jumped up, and said, "Let's go see how they fly!".

Faith wasn't quite so ready, "Daaaad! We haven't even decorated them yet!". How could I forget the most important part? I called mine "the electric tornado" after completion. Faith's was "Diamond Pearl Rose" after the beautiful flowers and jewels that she drew on hers.

What is one difference between Faith and Kate? Have you ever read those books that say you should always give your kids choices? Kate and Faith were ready for a before bed snack. I was willing to shell out some crackers and cheese. I asked Kate, would you like 4 crackers? Response, "Sure dad."

I asked Faith (knowing she was a bit harder, and thus deciding upon a stratagem), "Would you like 3 or 4 crackers?" Faith's response? 5. This is quite typical of our little negotiator. Although negotiator would imply compromise at some point.

1 comment:

middledavis said...

Hey, at least she knows 5 is more than 4, right?

I love those kids!!

It will be so interesting to see what kind of personality Jace turns out to have.